[lit-ideas] Re: [Bulk] Check out this page on NOLA.com

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:45:52 -0700

Cheer up, folks. The investigation into the FEMA response has started.

And the investigation will be led by Bush.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9/6/2005 6:55:33 AM

>Rescue 'ticket'

>CNN's Drew Griffin in New Orleans, Louisiana

>I am stunned by an interview I conducted with New Orleans Detective
>Lawrence Dupree. He told me they were trying to rescue people with
>a helicopter and the people were so poor they were afraid it
>would cost too much to get a ride and they had no money for a
>"ticket."

And yet we claim the poor get so much from the government.  Personally, I
got depressed when I saw Christiane Amanpour reporting. I've never seen her
except in third world countries and war zones.

Andy Amago

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/09/05/scene.blog/index.html

mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx