[lit-ideas] Brandom: "I want to make this perfectly explicit"

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:46:16 -0230

Just spent a few hours on our sun-drenched deck reading the Preface to Robbie
Brandom's *Making it explict*. Alas, I'm no wiser as a result. But since
Juergen (Habermas) devotes an entire chapter of his most recent book to a
critical analysis of that book, who am I to suggest it's a waste of time? Would
much appreciate guidelines, maps, hermeneutic strategies or suitable GPSs to
unlocking the foirbidden secrets of Robbie's text. (Is that the same Brandom
who wrote an essay entitled "Heidegger's Categories"? Oh, HIM again!)

Walter O
MUN