[lit-ideas] Re: Bomb Design by Proxy

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:33:05 -0400

I'm not the only one sensing the ominous...and no Omar, these quoted stories do not mean Cironcione of Washington Monthly or Sean Rayment of the Telegraph are advocating for it. -EY

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2006_04/008554.php THE LATEST ON IRAN....Joseph Cirincione:

For months, I have told interviewers that no senior political or military official was seriously considering a military attack on Iran. In the last few weeks, I have changed my view. In part, this shift was triggered by colleagues with close ties to the Pentagon and the executive branch who have convinced me that some senior officials have already made up their minds: They want to hit Iran.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=TDMHOPLWD2GKJQFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2006/04/02/wiran02.xml&sSheet=/portal/2006/04/02/ixportaltop.html

It is believed that an American-led attack, designed to destroy Iran's ability to develop a nuclear bomb, is "inevitable" if Teheran's leaders fail to comply with United Nations demands to freeze their uranium enrichment programme.

....A senior Foreign Office source said...."If Iran makes another strategic mistake, such as ignoring demands by the UN or future resolutions, then the thinking among the chiefs is that military action could be taken to bring an end to the crisis. The belief in some areas of Whitehall is that an attack is now all but inevitable."