[lit-ideas] Re: Bolcom and Morris - a short digression

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:49:26 -0700 (PDT)

For a minute there...  Actually, I'm acquiring a taste
for Dylan.  I like his, I don't know what the words
are, non sequitur, dream-like succession of images
that he does, very much like the Beatles' psychedelic
stuff, with a Creole (I guess) twist.  I notice the
lyrics Pa is a sap and mother is perfect.  Over value
to undervalue, i.e., men throw women overboard so turn
them into saps and then everybody acts like saps?  But
we digress.  Actually, thanks for this Donal.  For
years I couldn't get past my perception of Dylan as an
odious little man, but I'm coming around to his magic.
 He really is good.   I guess you know this one,
right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oogC0VMaAe0

--- Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Were a big influence on Dylan, the following link
> explaining the underlying structure of a Dylan song.
>
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nej4xJe4Tdg
>

> Donallanod

> Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
> A Smarter Email