[lit-ideas] Re: Black Friday

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:40:36 -0500

Reminds me of the Cabbage Patch Kids craze.  I seem to recall being informed
that people would kill each other over those things back when they were
popular.  I couldn't vouch for that.  I was a My Little Pony kid.  Now it's
PlayStation games though that people trample each other for.  Some video
game (I can't remember the name of it) came out about a month ago here and
stores had what they called a "Midnight Madness" sale, where people lined up
at midnight so that they could hopefully grab a copy.  I guess if you
convince enough people that the things are in demand and yet limited in
supply...   Good thing I'm apathetic about these things.

Erin
Toronto