[lit-ideas] Re: Beauty, anyone?

  • From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:46:12 -0500

By "they" I meant the whole troupe of German Idealists. I actually really like Heidegger, but for whatever reason I never did develop any serious interest in his work (like I have with those from Kant up to and including Schopenhauer). I've read a fair bit of Derrida, i.e. of Grammatology, Writing and Difference, Margins of Philosophy, Rogues, but I can't say I'm particularly fond of the deconstructionist program. It seems to me like a somewhat cheap Hegelianism. I did like the second essay on reason in Rogues. I read something by Lacan once, though I can't remember what. I recall not being able to make heads or tails of it.

Erin
Toronto

Quoting JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx:

How d'ya feel about Heidegger, Erin?  (btw, who's "they"?)  If  you ever dip
your toe into Derrida or Lacan, I'm sure you commentary will be  enlightening
and entertaining.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Beauty, anyone?
Date: 2/21/2007 2:39:00 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx) To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting Paul Stone  <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>:

The whole world is a
 subject.

And then, only when the subject identifies itself as a  subject (i.e.
becomes self-conscious), will the Absolute be fully  realized!  It was
writing about Hegel that made me realize how  truly odd the man was.
But they were all  odd.
Erin
Toronto

http://www.aol.com.