[lit-ideas] Re: Beauty, anyone?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 23:17:47 -0600

I wrote:
As to the original contention, it sounds pretty, but I don't buy it.

Actually, I do buy it. But I feel compelled for some reason to state openly my belief that what I'm drawn towards I don't believe is a "superior" attraction, but an attraction that I was taught. I was also apparently taught to have disdain for those who have disdain for those who perfer pink wall paper with sea shells -- even if they prefer it over Chartes Cathedral. (I wasn't that impressed with Chartes Cathedral, btw). You'll have to forgive me for getting on my high horse.

Mike Geary
Memphis