[lit-ideas] Re: Beauty, anyone?

  • From: Eric <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:23:21 -0500

>>Contemporary philosophers, preoccupied with their small quarrels, have
abandoned the discussion of beauty to the likes of Elaine Scarry and
Denis Donoghue and their colleagues in art and English departments.

John, you'd like Scarry's book on beauty. She is not a lightweight, and the comment above is unnecessarily dismissive of her. I'll see if I can find a section of her book on the Web and post it.