[lit-ideas] Re: Beauty, anyone?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:58:56 EST

Oh, Mike......

yes, you do fathom.  You do know as well as few do....  "beauty"  of course
does not mean art-work and "truth" of course does not mean  facts.

Why pretend?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Beauty, anyone?
Date: 2/19/2007 3:38:53 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Beauty is  truth, truth beauty,葉hat is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

Does anyone have any idea what this means?  I  first came across it 47 years
ago and I still can't make sense of it.   It sounds profound, but I can't
begin to fathom what truth has to do with beauty  or vice versa.

Mike Geary
Memphis