[lit-ideas] Re: Assault Crimes

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:21:49 -0400

At 11:04 AM 5/31/2006, you wrote:

To Paul Stone: In one of the articles I posted there was indication that the U.S. looks worse in the murder category because it counts every homicide as a murder whereas, apparently, other nations count them as other things.

25 times Lawrence? Don't tell me there are 24 times as many 'homicides' in Canada as are being reported as murders. Come on now.

But here is an older article apparently by a British Doctor deploring the situation in Britain. Would you really rather live there than in the U.S.? Assuming of course this doctor wasn't hallucinating. <http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_25_54/ai_95612956>http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_25_54/ai_95612956

Interesting article. Not surprising really.

In any case, in answer to your question, I wouldn't like to live in the US or England -- that's why I don't. But given the choice, I'd go to England. It'd be a cultural thing, not a safety issue.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada