[lit-ideas] Re: Art and the Wall

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:46:28 -0400

A.A.  Every sentence you write about Bush is something along the lines of
that it's not his fault.  We don't really know Bush, it's his advisors,
etc.

> You want to hate a guy.

A.A. I definitely do not want to hate him or anyone.  I liked his father.
I would like to like him.  Under no circumstances do I want to hate the
guy, but he destroyed my country.  He did nothing to make me safer.  That's
what I hate.  You don't seem to be bothered by any of this.

Eric:  I want to make sure we don't repeat him.

A.A. By finding his shadowy advisers?  Aren't all advisers shadowy?  Not
only that, Cheney et al. were from Sr.'s administration and Sr.'s
administration was completely different.  How do you explain that?

> If we adopt your track, and blame everything on Bush, the next
> knucklehead who tries to take power can attempt to enact the same
> failed policies, using the same almost religious veneration of free
> markets and the same tax breaks for billionaires--and people will go
> "Duh, yup" and vote him in because the problem was really Bush.

A.A. Irrelevant argument since the policies can't be repeated.  The money's
gone,  it's good to know Bush slept at the switch while it was being raided.

> If we adopt my track and insist that policies take precedence over
> the iconic pinata in a cowboy hat, the next knucklehead who tries to
> take power cannot enact the same myopic policies, the same execrable
> ideology.

A.A.  Bullshit.  Bush ran the country into the ground.  Bush should be held
responsible for it.

> You can challenge Bush to a duel after that. You can probably win,

A.A. I don't own a gun.  Bush is the one who shows off Saddam's gun.  Which
just further goes to prove there was nothing personal in the Iraq invasion,
it was all his advisors' doing.

> Andy. I have confidence in your health-conscious diet and basic
> feisty nature.

A.A. What does my health conscious diet have to do with anything?

Eric:  Use broadswords or lead-filled staves. Go get 'em.

A.A. Bush beat me to it.  He already did that in Iraq.  But that wasn't his
fault you see ...