[lit-ideas] Re: Art and the Wall

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:43:52 -0400

Andy: It seems that Bush is your God.

Eric: What do you have against sentences? How could you possibly
construe my sentences so that you can draw this conclusion? I mean,
it's not like we're discussing post-Gadamerian hermeneutics here.

You want to hate a guy. I want to make sure we don't repeat him.

If we adopt your track, and blame everything on Bush, the next
knucklehead who tries to take power can attempt to enact the same
failed policies, using the same almost religious veneration of free
markets and the same tax breaks for billionaires--and people will go
"Duh, yup" and vote him in because the problem was really Bush.

If we adopt my track and insist that policies take precedence over
the iconic pinata in a cowboy hat, the next knucklehead who tries to
take power cannot enact the same myopic policies, the same execrable
ideology.

You can challenge Bush to a duel after that. You can probably win,
Andy. I have confidence in your health-conscious diet and basic
feisty nature. Use broadswords or lead-filled staves. Go get 'em.