[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:09:45 -0400

Yes, exactly.  Men do have knowledge of the good, but the good is merely
money.  Money is where everything begins and ends.  Morality doesn't enter
into the picture.  On occasion, when the crimes committed in furtherance of
the good become too extreme and too noticeable, such as in the case of Ken
Lay, we throw the person into jail.  Maybe.

War for Moral Superiority.  That is so ironic, if not downright funny.
Clearly there is no way to be morally superior than to wage a war.  Thanks
for the insight Lawrence.