[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:31:02 -0500

RP:

What is a bone fide?

Bone fide is a form of divination. Usually used in the plural (bone fides). The diviner casts bones and pronounces according to their positioning. "Bone fides" means faith in bones. Merwin writes: "even debris has it's favorite positions" meaning that radomness is an illusion. All things fall according to their need. We all have needs, all have bones, all have faith that we are not falling. It all makes sense given divination. No meaning has meaning, so too vice versus good is bad, etc. Hope this helps.

Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Paul" <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>