[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:17:56 -0700 (PDT)

Eric, I want to say I'm sorry.  This is getting too serious.  There's not a
thing anyone can do about any of issues enumerated below.  People who have the
ability to change things aren't doing anything, aren't even noticing, so
there's no point in getting excited over it.  What will be will be.  I
apologize for my tone.

Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hey, you forgot the Alzheimer's and ADD.  In other words, you're saying we
have no problems, no debt, no trade imbalance, no insecure borders, no
evaporating middle class?  No 1.5 trillion being plowed into this war on
terror.  Worldwide interest rates on our 2 billion dollars borrowed per day
aren't going up?  Everything is hunky dory, is that what you're saying, it's
just all a borderline lumping together?  To you reality lies in gloating over
one guy, whose passing, BTW, I do NOT bemoan.   I bemoan my country's passing,
but you'll never see that.  Anyway, I'm wasting my time.

Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >>The massive debt, the evaporating middle class, the
monstrous trade imbalance in this country, the unprotected
borders, etc. etc. do not apply to you.

Andyrene shares a borderline personality disorder
characteristic of "lumping" observations together. So while
her/his observations may sometimes be acute, the conclusions
drawn from the observations seldom are.