[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you delighted you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:04:13 +0100 (BST)

--- Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just as we know that the CIA installed the Shah of
> Iran. But
> what few realize is that prior to that, the Soviets
> controlled Iran. Why do you think Stalin insisted on
> conference in Tehran? Because he didn't want to
> travel out
> of an area of Soviet control.

The Avalon Conference of 1943, Eric?  Tehran was
certainly a convenient venue for Stalin. But Iran was
ruled by Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, son of Reza Shah;
Reza Shah was forced to abdicate, in 1941, by the
Allied Powers, because his alleged neutrality was
combined with a rather too friendly relationship with
Germany.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html