[lit-ideas] Re: Are they synonymous?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:17:41 EST

Portuguese has always troubled me ... It's supposed to be thoroughly
understandable by anyone who speaks Spanish -- I was fluent in Spanish for many

years.  But I can understand Italian much more easily than  Portuguese.
I guess my question was really, is the Hispanic/Latino a divide of language
or of culture?

Julie Krueger
way spent