[lit-ideas] Re: Arab popular opinion

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:57:13 -0000

Not even your attempt at twee language made a difference.

Let's see, Arab opinion hasn't changed. Their perceptions of US and western actions mold their general opinion that, rather than Iran being the threat to peace, it's actually the US and Israel. Now if, as you suggest, these opinions haven't changed, to me that's important because it shows that western actions have had no noticeable positive effect on Arab opinion. Forgive my obvious naivety Eric, but this I believe is a bad thing. And I believe that because, again forgive the stupiduty, it seems to me that what Arab's think, what their attitudes and beliefs are, is actually important.

That it doesn't seem to you to be that important, is worrying.

Are we understanding each other?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>