[lit-ideas] Re: April is Poetry Month, no?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:45:18 +0000 (GMT)

Relieved and glad you enjoyed it Mike. In case you're interested, the first
three episodes are available in full at

Goozey.co.uk

There is much other great material there: I'd recommend "I'm Alan Partridge",
about a very flawed individual who lost his brief tv series and works in a
backwater local radio station while trying to make a tv comeback. Partridge is
on the Basil Fawlty level of comic genius.

Perhaps worth noting that the "Bellamy" series is not scripted: it's some of
Britain's best comic actors riffing on some rough idea with interviewee "Gary
Bellamy" having to respond - because it's largely improvised you can see
him holding himself in from outright laughter in the scene where he's told
Brian May should have played at the Queen's Jubliee until he couldn't stand up
and when he fell been kicked in the head by a police officer and told 'Are you
British?'

The tv series is derived, as the full programmes indicate, from a Radio 4 show
"Down The Line", a radio phone-in satire.

It's no longer available on BBC i-player, so perhaps there's no need to be
jealous.

Best,
Donal