[lit-ideas] Re: Anonymity and revelation...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:20:12 -0500

Well, Stan, you might be right. You know, surely, how easy it is to over-react to things that cross your desk at the wrong time. Like Irene said, though, this was a formal request written to a wide variety of professors asking for a favour. I taught composition for many years and was always cognizant of how many of the errors were due to some notion on the students' part of what was required in formal writing. They were trying to be correct. That's where the 'myself and two other girls' comes from. The rest is either carelessness or a tin ear. (As for the emil, I had a typo first and corrected it too hurriedly.) And Julie, it's fourth year university. Alas and alack...
Ursula

Stan Spiegel wrote:

Ursula -

Aren't you being a little too too critical? She tossed the words down on the page because she was probably in a rush. To offset her poorly organized writing, take a look at how you spelled e-mail and how colloquially awkward your second sentence is...

Stan / Portland, ME