[lit-ideas] Re: Amis Antithesis

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:54:12 -0500

LH:

I want our government to do whatever is necessary to protect our citizens.

So you have no problem with totalitarian government as long as it's for our protection?

I would be more impressed with Leftists' olfactory sensibilities if they could sense the stink emanating from militant Islam, but that seems to be beyond their capabilities.<<

The stink is of fascism -- wherever it emanates from. Not long ago it was the stink of Spain and Italy and Germany and Japan and Russia and Yugoslavia and East Germany and Poland and -- ah, fuck it -- most of the world has been fascist at one time or another. And they all stank the same. Fascism stinks, and George Bush's vision of America as One Nation Under Surviellance stinks as badly as all others. When our Right Wing Neo-Con Keepers finally realize that, then I'll feel safer.

Mike Geary
Memphis