[lit-ideas] Re: Amis Antithesis

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:34:57 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I read you doing your short little angry jab thing but no presenting of
Civil Rights we had lost.

It was sent Sept. 18th, 7:37 pm. Check your mail. Shall I resend it?

Mike imagined the current law migrating into
someone coming out to San Jacinto to haul me off, but other than that I
don't recall any indication of normal Americans, i.e., Americans not
suspected of being involved with Terrorism being taken away.

By "normal" Americans, you mean "white Americans."

Over ten thousand people in the USA have been detained or arrested under various pretences of "terrorist roundups." 8,000 Arabs were questioned by the FBI and not a single one was arrested.

Five darkies (not "normal" Americans) in Miami were arrested on charges that they wanted to blow up Chicago. They are members of a sect that sells hair care products. Not a single one was charged with anything. There was no case.

Two Arabs were arrested for the crime of buying cellphones. The clerk at Walmart called the Texas police and they were arrested. The police announced they had stopped an al-Qaeda operation. It turns out the Arabs bought the 1,000 cell phones in Texas, which they planned to resell in Michigan at a $5 profit per cell phone. After a few weeks, the Arabs were released. However, the police stole the 1,000 cell phones and the laptop computer. The Arabs lost their $25,000.

There are countless more stories like this. American citizens held without charges, without bail, for years, people deported for no reason, and so on, none of whom were involved with terrorism. Their crime was the color of their skin.

But these aren't "normal" Americans, so you don't care.

As to the
three Republicans opposing Bush, I'm not seeing that as a serious matter.
In his speech he said he proposed something and was willing to negotiate.
Now they will be negotiating.  I'm failing to see a problem here.

Are you really so determined to ignore reality?

The GOP senators are saying this will seriously damage the USA. And you fail to see a problem? But of course you do, with your eyes shut.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com