[lit-ideas] Re: Amis Antithesis

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:14:01 -0700

Were you laughing?  I guess my own laughter drowned it out.  So that's your
answer: He doesn't live in a vacuum and knows by osmosis what everyone else
knows.  And therefore knows this thing that he apparently doesn't know,
namely that the Army Corps of Engineers continues to build and be
appreciated by the local Iraqis --  but not it would seem by your osmotic
journalist.

Lawrence

  _____