[lit-ideas] American Troops overrated

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 18:37:55 -0700

The Iranians have analyzed American tactics and have realized that American
Forces are greatly over-rated.  Iran is prepared to put America in its
place.  So does it say in the following news clip translated by MEMRI:

Lawrence

WWW.MEMRITV.ORG , VIEWED IN ALL 192 COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD.

Special Dispatch - Iran/Jihad & Terrorism Studies Project May 5, 2006 No.
1156

Iranian Army Chief of Staff Reveals in Interview Preparations for Military
Confrontation With U.S.; New Iranian Nuclear Music Videos

To view this Special Dispatch in HTML, visit:
<http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SD115606>
http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SD115606 .

The following are excerpts from an interview with Iranian Army Chief of
Joint Staff General Abdorrahim Musavi, which aired on Iranian Channel 2 on
April 17, 2006.

TO VIEW THIS CLIP, VISIT:
<http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1125>
http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1125 .

It is followed by transcripts of two Iranian music videos about Iran's
nuclear program and uranium-enriching capabilities, which aired on the
Iranian news channel on April 12, 2006, and April 11, 2006, respectively.

TO VIEW THESE CLIPS, VISIT:
<http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1124>
http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1124 and
<http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1126>
http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1126 .

"We Make Our Submarines Ourselves... [to] Serve Us in Battle With America"

General Abdorrahim Musavi: "We make our submarines ourselves, and we make
them in a way that will serve us in battle with the enemy... with America.
In other words, these vessels are not the kind about which the other side
gets information even before us. We work on equipment that is locally made,
and which is compatible with our own tactics and training."

[...]

"This includes various submarines, assault boats, and unmanned aerial
vehicles [UAVs], which we can use in naval battles. We manufacture missiles,
torpedoes, mines, naval canons, and sonar. We also make ROVs - remotely
operated vessels, which are manufactured by the navy for special purposes."

[...]

"Knowing that our number one enemy is the criminal America, we focused on
it. We identified its strengths and weaknesses, and prepared the equipment,
structures, and tactics necessary to deal with it.

"We studied all the details of America's war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our
military planning teams simulated American capabilities, based on America's
activities in Iraq and in Afghanistan. In this simulation, they predicted
the kind of attack the U.S. would employ, if an attack indeed takes place.
On the basis of these simulations we developed scenarios, and prepared
ourselves for dealing with each one."

[...]

"This is why we do not compare ourselves to the countries in the region. We
compare our force to that of America, because it is from America's force
that we want to protect ourselves. We want to put America in its place."

[...]

"We realized that America's military power is greatly overestimated, based
on statistics and accurate figures. Our conclusion was that 70, 80
percent... 60 to 70 percent of it is psychological warfare. U.S. military
power is only 20 or 30 percent of what is portrayed."

[...]

"During the war with Iraq, we felt sorry for our enemies. General Dadras
remembers this. I am an artillery officer. When we wanted to carry out
effective firing, we would not even look sometimes. You saw how we treated
the Iraqi POWs. We viewed them as relatives and treated them as such. But we
will not treat the Americans this way."

*Iranian Video Clip Celebrates Iran's Nuclear Project

The following are excerpts from an Iranian video clip about Iran's nuclear
project, which aired on the Iranian news channel on April 12, 2006.

Singing: "Our beloved homeland

"Proud, green, and steadfast

"From the attack of wickedness the grace of God protects you.

"A homeland of epics

"The land of love and strength

"Your glorified name brings hope and pride.

"Oh homeland, your honor in the world is eternal

"Every inch of your soil is the arena of heroes

"Science and initiative are the fruit of young men's work

"They are the greatest gift now and forever.

"Nuclear energy is the symbol of our strength

"Iran, Iran, you must remain forever

"Iran, Iran, you must remain strong

"Iran, Iran, you must remain forever

"Iran, Iran, you must remain strong."

*Iranian Leaders Watch Dance Celebrating Iran's Uranium Enrichment
Capabilities

The following are excerpts from a dance celebrating Iran's uranium
enrichment capabilities, aired on the Iranian news channel on April 11,
2006.

Young men: "Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar."

Speaker: "God is great. It has been proven that God is the great supporter
of the Iranian people."

Young Men: "Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar.
Allah Akbar."

Speaker: "Dear viewers, guests, and listeners, this is the cry of Allah
Akbar by the zealous young men of the Iranian people. These young people
here represent various ethnic groups of the Iranian people."

Young men: "Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar.
Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah
Akbar".

Speaker: "On the cold nights, when we were feverishly striving for the
triumph of the Islamic revolution, we used to say Allah Akbar. In the days
of the war of defense we shouted Allah Akbar. In all moments of collective
steadfastness we shouted Allah Akbar. Now we repeat the same eternal slogan:
Allah Akbar. Is this not your slogan? Don't you say Allah Akbar?"

Young men and crowd: "Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar.
Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar."

Speaker: "I'd like to invite the deputy supervisor of the Imam Reza Shrine,
my honorable brother, Mr. Alavi, who proudly wears the uniform of the Imam
Reza Shrine. I would like to call him to the stage. He will be presented
with a container with the first nuclear product of the Islamic Republic of
Iran.

"Mr. Alavi, if you please. Please honor this occasion by reciting prayers to
the Prophet and his family.

"With the permission of the supervisor of the Imam Reza Shrine... Deputy
Supervisor of the Imam Reza Shrine, Mr. Alavi, will now come to the stage
and receive a container with UF6, produced in the nuclear facilities of the
Islamic Republic of Iran. Oh honorable people, and all who witness this
occasion, remember that we have no mystery besides Allah Akbar, and we have
no secret besides the greatness of God and this conviction. Mr. Alavi, if
you please. Honor this occasion by saying Allah Akbar."

Crowd: "Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar.
Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar. Allah Akbar."

*********************

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) is an independent,
non-profit organization that translates and analyzes the media of the Middle
East.  Copies of articles and documents cited, as well as background
information, are available on request.

MEMRI holds copyrights on all translations. Materials may only be used with
proper attribution.

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) P.O. Box 27837, Washington,
DC 20038-7837

Phone: (202) 955-9070

Fax: (202) 955-9077

E-Mail: memri@xxxxxxxxx

Search previous MEMRI publications at www.memri.org

If you no longer wish to receive this publication via email, please reply
and enter only the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.