[lit-ideas] Re: All the World's a Stage

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:07:36 -0700

On Aug 6, 2012, at 11:07 AM, David Ritchie wrote:

> ATHLETICS- Algerian runner thrown out
> Surely this report should begin, "Absence of drama..."?  All he had to do was
> what every Italian soccer player can do umpteen times a week.  "Oh...my
> [clutch some part of leg and head].  Aaaaargh [roll, roll]."

Man was reinstated because, it turns out, he had a knee injury...one which
didn't prevent him from winning gold the following day, today.

'strawdinry recovery.

And Trott got her second gold on the trot, beating Hammer (who's not a Scot),
which means she has to buy her sister (Emma) a car.

David Ritchie,
trying to write in
quite hot Portland, Oregon