[lit-ideas] Re: Al Quaeda and Suitcase Nukes

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:01:46 -0500

Global warming has begun.  The polar caps are melting, oceans are getting
warmer.  I was half paying attention, but former Republican EPA Secretary
under Ford or Reagan said Europe might be on the brink of a global warming
related ice age.  That part I don't understand but I do know it's running
faster than expected, within 10 years instead of the formerly predicted 50
to 100 years.  Once it gets going in earnest, I can't imagine what can be
done.  The U.S. is the biggest polluter, even bigger than China on
"pollution maps" that I've seen.  Also, if we're so worried about suitcase
nukes, why are the borders so open?  Anybody can and does just walk in at
will.  Kerry also had a tighter timeframe for eliminating the nukes, 7
years (I think) against Bush's 12 years.  There's nothing on Russian
Internet television this time of night.

Osama