[lit-ideas] Al Pacacino

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:19:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, everybody, wassup?  Al Pacacino, your friendly neighborhood alpaca
stopping in for a drink.  I'll take a straw with that please, and some straw as
a side dish.  Uh, you can dispense with the "an alpaca walks into a bar
routine".  [Nibble nibble, sippy slurpy, draining glass]  Yeah, wow, I needed
that.  Okay now, who's up for a line dance?  Lawrence, you in?  I see Mike's
just tying up his sneakers, rarin' to go.  Anybody else?  And just for your
information these people are *not* a bunch of Chinese workers doing their
morning exercises.   As for me,  just call me twinkle hooves.  Excuse me while
I practice up a few moves while I'm waitin' on you guys.  And uh one and uh two
and uh three and uh four (feet), and uh make those toys, make those socks.
Wait, no, they're not Chinese workers, never mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oV6DoIGiuw&feature=related ;

Okay, that's it, enough fun.  Here's a must listen from Charlie Rose with
author Nicholson Baker.  The book is titled Human Smoke.  Baker argues that
fighting WWII militarily was counterproductive and exactly the wrong thing to
do:

http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2008/07/11/1/a-conversation-with-author-nicholson-baker