[lit-ideas] Re: Ahmadi-Nejad's Letter to Bush

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:33:47 -0400

Mike: I keep getting hung up on that "without sin"
thing.

Eric: Yes, you do. It's that Catholic Worker's
thing you've got going. Even though it's
incredibly naive in its assumptions and
conclusions, I respect your right to hold that
view. You put everything through your moral filter
first. Good for you.

Mike: My point, I think is that the world is
reaping the harvest of European colonialism and
the US's imperialistic foreign policy of the past
60 years.

Eric: Your moral filter makes no distinction
between America of the Cold War years and America
today. It's all lumped together. On the other
hand, when bashing the US, you never put US
behavior in the context of the behavior of other
nations.