[lit-ideas] Re: Ahmadi-Nejad's Letter to Bush

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:53:33 -0400

Mike Geary wrote:

"My point, I think is that the world is reaping the harvest of European
colonialism and the US's imperialistic foreign policy of the past 60
years."

That may be your point, but it wasn't mine.  It would be another thread
to which I would be happy to contribute.

Mike continues:

"They are not mad men, they're just mad as hell."

I don't think so.  I have been trying to show that they are neither mad
nor angry, but rational agents.  Whatever I may think of their beliefs,
I do think that they are intelligent men logically working out the
implications of those beliefs.  The problem, as I see it, is that
politics is not meant to be rational nor logical.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON