[lit-ideas] Re: Ahmadi-Nejad's Letter to Bush

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:05:46 -0500

PE:

It is possible and perfectly reasonable to have a
discussion regarding the threat of Iran and not have to mention the US.

You're right. I keep getting hung up on that "without sin" thing. My point, I think is that the world is reaping the harvest of European colonialism and the US's imperialistic foreign policy of the past 60 years. We (the West) need to own up to having sown the seeds of discontent and distrust in the Muslim world and meet them as equals in the world. They are not mad men, they're just mad as hell.

Mike Geary
Memphis