[lit-ideas] Re: Ahmadi-Nejad's Letter to Bush

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:13:15 -0400

I didn't see it that way at all.  I thought he was appealing to Bush's
better side, since Bush is openly religious and he said he consulted with
God before invading Iraq.  This country is very religious, against
evolution, the whole works.  I thought it natural to appeal to the
prominent religious aspect in this country.  Liberal democracy resulted in
Iraq.  What's the point in appealing to that?  People who need a reason to
bomb will see a reason to bomb no matter how the request is structured.