[lit-ideas] Re: Acronyms

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:32:29 +0100

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx schrieb:
Please, everyone, post your favourite acronym whether an original with you or not, and we'll place bets on who can decipher them fastest and most accurately. (Hey, ya gotta do something during the house-bound days.) Julie Krueger
Well, here's my favourite: "S.P.Q.L.".

Google will throw lots of misleading hits, so I give the hint that it's an inscription on a famous building that my native Republic built in in the late15th century, when it had ruled the Baltic Sea for some 250 years and was at the zenith of power & prosperity.

joerg,
exiled in Suebia