[lit-ideas] Re: Aaaaaargh

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:52:45 -0500

AA:
>  Why is the 30th birthday greeted with black balloons?

Don't know.  Don't care.  Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music!

> Why is it an honor to die for one's country?

Don't know.  Don't care.  Arise, my love, arise, my love, Phoebus is in the
fields my love!

>  Why better red than dead? [actually it was "Better dead than red" adapted
> from Goebbels' "Lieber tot als rot", Andy's version was a response to the
> McCarthyites in the 50's]

Don't know.  Don't care.  "Approve me or disapprove me: I praise the Mountain
Energy night and day.  I take the path that ecstatic human beings have taken
for centuries.  I don't steal moneyk, nor hit anyone; what will you charge me
with?  I have felt the swaying of the elephant's shoulders....and now you want
me to climb on a jackass?  Try to be serious."  [Mirabai]

> Why did those sophisticated white Europeans slaughter each
> other by the many tens of millions, twice, if humanity loves life so much?

Don't know.  Don't care.  "When I saw the dark clouds, I wept, Oh Dark One,  I
wept at the dark clouds.  Black clouds soared up, and took some yellow along;
rain did fall, some rain fell long.  There was water east of the house, west of
the house, fields all green.  The one I love lives past those fields.  Rain had
fallen on my body, on my hair, as I wait in the open door for him.  The energy
that holds up mountains is the one Mirabai bows down to.  He lives century
after century, and the test I set for him he has passed." [Mirabai]

> Why did we invade Iraq?  Why do we propound torture?

Don't know.  Don't care.  "O wonder! How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beautious mankind is!  O brave new world, That has such people in't!"

> My misery or its lack
> created none of these situations.  If the best response you can give is an
> overt personal attack without anything beyond happy talk, then I take that
> as your tacit agreement with my position.

I was not attacking you.  I don't understand you.  You bitch without end about
human kind and existence.  Why do you do that?  No one here can make you happy.
 It must spring from your own imagination.  "Whoever you are, no matter how
lonely, the world offers itself to your imagination, calls to you like the wild
geese, harsh and exciting." [Mary Oliver]  If all that you can imagine is
bleakness and misery then that's all that you can imagine.  So kill yourself or
get over it.  It's your life, no one else is responsible for making life
meaningful for you.  I'm sorry for you.  Life is an astonishing adventure, full
or wonder and awe and beauty and majesty and misery and heartache and pain and
sorrow and sadness and love and hate and humor and dance and sex and gustatory
delights and all the shit that makes us the incredible creatures we are as well
as the shit that makes us stupid and criminal.  It's one package.  Take it or
leave it.

Mike Geary