[lit-ideas] Re: A Question REALLY Answered

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:58:21 -0500

>>I don't think I would say it's a "defect" in Iraqi troops if they are not all that interested in using telescopic sighted rifles.

The insurgents however have no such problem:

Sniper Tactics

The Iraqi guerrillas also use sniper tactics, against private contractors, Iraqi and U.S soldiers.

As of November 15, 2005, 30 U.S soldiers and 2 British Soldiers have died by sniper fire in Iraq since the beginning of the invasion. Private contractors have also been targeted; on March 22, 2004 two Finnish businessmen were shot and killed by snipers in Baghdad. Two security contractors, one British and one American (the last working for Blackwater USA) have also been killed by sniper insurgents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_resistance#Sniper_Tactics