[lit-ideas] Re: A D is a B...

As I say, though, we don't use letter grades, so any transcript used for grad school admission, for instance, won't confuse anyone. But it's clear that calling yourself an "A" student is easier here...

Somewhat relatedly, Ontario used to have grade 13, that is, five years of high school. They eliminated that a few years ago so we had what was called the 'double cohort' a few years ago: Two graduating classes suddenly applying to university all at once. The biggest difference for us, besides the size of our classes, was the age of the students. Suddenly we had seventeen year olds on campus. Students you couldn't even go out for a drink with. A few years on, and we are like the snake that swallowed somethng too big and has a lump slowly working its way along. Those who chose a three-year degree are graduating this year. The honours degrees are here for another year. Ursula

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Your system is generous. Here
anything over a 90 is an A
anything over an 80 is a B