[lit-ideas] Re: 3 SUICIDES AT GUANTANAMO

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:44:28 -0400

Judy: I imagine the Administration would argue that
the military tribunals are "fair and regular trials"!!

Yes and given the nature of the terrorists, it's hard to see another way to deal with them. Treat them as regular criminals and compromise national security?

Remember the blind mullah behind the '93 WTC bombing? His lawyer (thankfully now in the slammer) was complicit in transmitting terrorist directives to people overseas. All we need is to see that kind of treachery repeated endlessly in criminal courts.