[lit-ideas] Re: '08 Democrats

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:43:44 -0600

Both Hilary and Obama are easy shoo-ins were one not a woman and the other not
black.  This is the America after all, so forget that.  I'm betting that
Edwards plucks the ring.  He talks good.  Can't even guess how he'd be in
office though.  Personally, I'm solidly in the Kucinich camp.  If a man who
looks like him, talks like him, walks like him and votes like him could be
elected President of the United States, then all my 60's beliefs in and
aspirations for America would be rekindled.  I'd put flowers in my hair and
dance in the streets knowing that, indeed, the times they are a-changin'.  But
I'm sure that I'll have to write him in and then Irene will accuse me once
again of throwing the election to the Repulicans.

And so, who do you hope heads up the Republican ticket?

Mike Geary
Memphis