[Linuxtrent] Re: LinuxMintDebian 100% debian compatibile

  • From: Luca Manganelli <luca76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: linuxtrent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 14:47:22 +0200

2010/10/4 Mauro Colorio <mauro.colorio@xxxxxxxxx>:
> http://www.linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php
>
> da quanto riportato è compatibile al 100% con l'amata debian squeeze,
> qualcuno l'ha provata?
>
> commenti? io ho lanciato il download dell'iso :)

5. Will it come in 64-bit? With KDE or other desktops?

The decision wasn't made yet. LMDE is an experiment. Although we're
quite confident it will gain in popularity, we want to get an idea of
how many users will switch to a Debian base before going further with
it and bringing impacts to other editions. The idea of reaching the
same level of functionality without using Ubuntu is quite challenging.
It means there are missing pieces in the equation, components which
need to be ported or re-written, and whether the pros outweight the
cons, this is something we need to assess. A 32-bit Debian-based Gnome
edition allows us to work on this with the community. When it's fully
on par with the Main Edition and if there is a demand for it, further
editions will come for LMDE.