[llsa] Intro

  • From: Wesley Werner <wez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux Learning SA <linux-learning-sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:21:12 +0200

Hi everyone, and thanks for joining!

I'm glad to have you here, and I hope we get more people involved.

-- Testing Centers --

I made contact with the LPI rep for SA, Faye asked me to get back with a head count, as they already have 4 people wanting to write their exams in Durban.

Good news: The fine folk in the DBNLUG pointed out that CompTIA test centers also offer LPI exams (although not all of them offer LPI courses, we still have to self study) - Thanks guys!

I will make contact with some of these Prometric centers and find out who offer courses, exam costs, schedules if any, etc.

-- Studies --

To keep myself on track, I want to dedicate time to studies.

The guide recommends about 40 hours study for the 101 course, estimated times per chapter on pg.6 of the PDF.

Assume we have a 5-day study week (leaving weekends alone):

hrs   days
------------
8_____5
4_____10
2.5___15
2_____20

Choose what best fits your time. As we all have different schedules, there's no need to try study the same thing at the same time.

Just keep at it and help another on the list, and all will be well.

If we do plan to write together, there's no problem reworking material, or starting on the 102 (for those who plan on doing them all) while helping others catch up.

-- So --

How far is everyone, what do you think and when would you like to begin?

Happy learning!