[liblouis-liblouisxml] liblouis & liblouisxml feature requests

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:24:57 +0200

Hi all,

Here are some things that I think would be useful new features in liblouis and liblouisxml.

1. A new semantic action in addition to boldx and italicx: *underlinex*

I think this is a very natural thing to do because underlining is already supported in liblouis, but for some reason not yet in liblouisxml.

2. A few new braille indicator opcodes in addition to capsign, begcaps and endcaps: *firstwordcaps*, *lencapsphrase*, *lastwordcapsbefore* and *lastwordcapsafter*

Explanation: In Belgium, a capital letter is preceded by dots 46. A complete word in capitals is preceded by dots 45. But, in a phrase with more than 3 words written in full capitals, the first word is preceded by dots 45-45 and the last word by dots 45. That's why 'firstwordcaps', 'lencapsphrase' and 'lastwordcapsbefore' would be useful additions.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bert