[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Whitespace

I think that what this rule is doing is just to copy all characters with
the space attribute to the output. What you want is probably

correct $s[$s.] ?

This is "just off the top of my head". You can midify it if it doesn't
work. As always, there may be a bug.

John

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 12:04:22PM +0100, Christian Waldvogel wrote:
> Dear John
>
> I just realized that the mentioned correct rule never really worked and
> we therefore normalized space before sending a string to Liblouis for
> translation. We have changed the way Liblouis is invoked and forgot
> about that workaround.
>
> Still I wonder why "correct [$s]$s. *" does not normalize space. The
> error occurs when a "real" space character is not first: It works with
> TEXT\s\s\sTEXT and TEXT\s\n\sTEXT but not with TEXT\n\s\sTEXT ...
>
> Thanks
> Christian
>

> John J. Boyer schrieb:
> >When did this problem start? What is it doing now?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >John
> >
> >On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:29:53PM +0100, Christian Waldvogel wrote:
> >>My character definition table sets space attributes to the following
> >>characters:
> >>
> >>space \x0009 0 [CHARACTER TABULATION]
> >>space \x000A 0 [LINE FEED (LF)]
> >>space \x000C 0 [FORM FEED (FF)]
> >>space \x000D 0 [CARRIAGE RETURN (CR)]
> >>space \x0020 0 [SPACE]
> >>
> >>In order to normalize space I later use:
> >>
> >>correct [$s]$s. *
> >>
> >>This used to work, but doesn't anymore. Any idea why?
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >>Christian (Waldvogel)
> >>
> >>Swiss Library for the Blind, Visually Impaired and Print Disabled
> >>Grubenstrasse 12, CH-8045 Z?rich, Switzerland
> >>
> >>For a description of the software, to download it and links to
> >>project pages go to http://www.abilitiessoft.com

My websites:
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.godtouches.org
Abilitiessoft, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com