[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Spaces being erroneously stripped when typeforms specified

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:34:30 +1000

On 31/07/2012 1:33 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
How important is this bug? How many people cre what happens to extra
spaces at the end of a translation?
It breaks text selection in NVDA if there are trailing spaces, which depends on the material being read. I can probably hack around it in NVDA, but thought it'd be best to try to get it fixed in liblouis. However, if a fix is unlikely in the near-term, I'll just hack around it.

The case in which there is typeform
information in the source but the table does not contain typeform
information can be handled. It will require an additional field in the
header of the compiled table.
Out of curiosity, why is this? Even if the table does contain typeform information, spaces still shouldn't be stripped, especially since the map of output to input positions suggests there are more characters than there actually are in the output.

Thanks,
Jamie

--
James Teh