[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Python 3 and/or GObject introspection support?

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:55:52 +0100

On the docstrings, well it might be confusing now as its a single set of bindings so both python2 and python3 developers will see the same docstring unless there is a way to have docstrings assigned in a conditional block.

Michael Whapples
On 14/05/2012 00:06, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey Michael.

On 05/13/2012 05:35 PM, Michael Whapples wrote:
I have a question for those python users, particularly those wanting
python3, how would you like things which were strings in python2? As an
example would you like these to become unicode strings (what python3 has
as normal strings) or would you like them to be byte strings (which are
essentially what python2 had as strings)?
Unicode, unless I am missing something.

Also another question, would you like the docstrings changed to be
closer to python3 terminology for the string parameters? I guess the
answer is yes, but I want to check that people agree it will not be
confusing to see str when a unicode string is wanted as str in python2
referred to byte type strings.
I myself don't think it will be confusing.

Take care.
--joanie