[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: LibLouis table for six-dot Esperanto

  • From: Aaron Cannon <cannona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 08:36:37 -0500

Hi.  Thanks for your reply.  The problem with the line:
include latinLetterDef6Dots.uti
is that the w in Esperanto braille is not 2456.  Actually, there is no
W in the Esperanto alphabet, but it still has a representation in
Braille because it can appear in "foreign words".

2456 is the j with circumflex.  W is 23456.  If there is a way to
override a symbol from an included table, then you can use the
latinLetterDef6Dots.uti file, as the w is the only one that is wrong.

I am fairly certain that this table should replace the 8-dot table, as
I know of no 8-dot Braille code.  To the best of my knowledge, the
six-dot Esperanto Braille code is the only one that has ever been
defined and used.

Thanks.

Aaron