[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Has anyone else had this problem?

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:47:43 +1000

On 11/07/2011 3:00 AM, Michael Whapples wrote:
I know that the different line endings can be a problem. I know that some
version control systems have systems to manage this sort of thing so that when
windows users commit the line endings automatically get changed to unix line
endings in the central repository.
svn propset svn:eol-style LF configure.ac

This system also can work in reverse, so when a windows user checks out the
source code from the central repository they get windows line endings although
the central repository has unix line endings.
svn propset svn:eol-style native configure.ac
For the sake of autotools, I'd do the former, as autotools can only be run with Unix shells anyway, so Windows line endings are never relevant.

Btw, most advanced text editors in Windows respect Unix line endings and don't mangle them.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Vice President, Developer