[liblouis-liblouisxml] Has anyone else had this problem?

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:35:16 -0500

I am using CentOS 5.6 on both a virtual private server in the cloud and
on a Linux box here in the office. For a long time I was unable to build
liblouisutdml on either. I sent a message to the CentOS mailing list
reporting a bug in the distro's autotools. It seems that it has quite a
loyal following, because I got back some mesages that were almost
flames. However, someone did finally try to build liblouisutdml and
discovered that the problem arose because long ago configure.ac had been
edited in Windows, which introduced dos linebreaks. dos2unix solved the
problem. I had also been having problems compiling liblouis on CentOS.
dos2unix fixed these also. I guess this is a cautionary tale not to
edit autotools files on Windows, but I'm puzzled, because I hadn't
received any reports of problems, and the builds worked fine on an older
version of Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Comments?