[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Grouping tables according to language and Braille code

  • From: Paul wood <paulw.torchtrust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 18:45:25 +0100

There is also the braille code to go in there i.e. SEB or UEB
So en-UK could be either maybe an official but we will need to do testing on the new code and others may like to stick to the old code and there maybe the option of revisions. Also UEB will cover multiple regions Australia, New Zealand, South Africa etc.
What do other braille transcription software do?

Paul

On 02/08/2012 5:46 PM, James Teh wrote:
On 2/08/2012 11:33 PM, Christian Egli wrote:
Apparently grade has different meaning for different languages, e.g. in
German both grade 1 and 2 are contracted and grade 0 is not, so I
wouldn't bother with some kind of information whether a table is
contracted or not. Usually a user will know if a particular grade is
contracted or not for her language.
That is true. However, I think there is still a need for this information. For example, in NVDA, we'd like to be able to allow the user to specify computer, uncontracted and contracted Braille tables in future. Limiting the selection would thus be ideal and choosing a default (even if not perfect) might be nice too.

Jamie

--
Paulw.torchtrust signature

Paul Wood, Technical Services Leader
*Torch Trust*
Torch House, Torch Way,
Market Harborough, Leics. LE16 9HL, UK
Direct Line: *+44(0)1858 438269*
Tel: *+44(0)1858 438260*, Fax: *+44(0)1858 438275*
Email: paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Website: www.torchtrust.org <http://www.torchtrust.org/>

Chief Executive: Dr Gordon Temple
Charity No. 1095904

If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply email. The computer from which
this mail originates is equipped with virus screening software.
However Torch Trust cannot guarantee that the mail and its attachments
are free from virus infection.