[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Grouping tables according to language and Braille code

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 02:46:28 +1000

On 2/08/2012 11:33 PM, Christian Egli wrote:
Apparently grade has different meaning for different languages, e.g. in
German both grade 1 and 2 are contracted and grade 0 is not, so I
wouldn't bother with some kind of information whether a table is
contracted or not. Usually a user will know if a particular grade is
contracted or not for her language.
That is true. However, I think there is still a need for this information. For example, in NVDA, we'd like to be able to allow the user to specify computer, uncontracted and contracted Braille tables in future. Limiting the selection would thus be ideal and choosing a default (even if not perfect) might be nice too.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Director, NV Access Limited