[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: C Flags in Windows Binary

  • From: Yuemei Sun <yuemei.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:54:59 -0800

No, VB doesn't require "@xx" suffices on function names.

Yuemei

James Teh wrote:

On 11/02/2009 11:47 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:

The best way to make the functions in the libraries in the Windows
binary compatible with Windows applications would be to find out what
gcc or MinGW flags correspond to the
__stdcall declarative which must be placed before functions.

Apparently, the __stdcall decorator is used with gcc as well, so we can define a calltype macro somewhere and use that. We may also need to specify some options to the linker.

Note that if we make this change, it will affect all Windows users; everyone will need to use stdcall. You can't have both. Python can do either. Nevertheless, it frustrates me that VB can't handle the C calling convention, so everything else has to change.

Does VB require the "@xx" suffixes on function names as well? This will make life difficult for those using GetProcAddress (like Python does). It is not normally a requirement.