[leveller] Re: Wacom on Vista and Leveller 4.0

  • From: David Fierstein <studio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leveller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:10:49 -0700

John -- Great, now my hardware is critiquing my art, really needed that  :-P
Maybe it's a special feature in the Intuos 3. lol

Ray -- on the Cintiq, the eraser is working correctly as the Flatten tool (and
this is a *very* handy feature, love being able to flip the pen around to
switch between Flatten and whatever other tool was being used, without having
to change the tool each time). The Intuos 3 is still stuck on Flatten, no
matter which tip I use, and this is with the same computer with both tablets
plugged in, and the same Wacom pen.

On the Cintiq, another quirk I've noticed is that the Raise tool lowers, and
the Dig tool raises. (Using a mouse instead of a pen, the tools work as they
are supposed to.) This is easy to work around though. I'm very happy with the
way Leveller 4 is working now that I've got a wacom working with it -- and the
ability to apply a texture map as a reference is making the whole process
quicker and more enjoyable. BTW, I'm doing an historical recreation of a
section of California as it was 400 years ago, so started with USGS DEM's, and
modifying to match historical maps.

Thanks,

David